Saturday

Today was a...

...RED LETTER DAY!


Today we were all doggedly getting ready for a hike, up the "goat trail"--that's a really really hard trail that's only fit for mountain goats!

And then we got a call from some Americans who live out in the country on this big farm and they invited us to their place for dinner. There's a new family in town! And they have kids! One is twelve, which is one year younger than me, and a girl too. And she's taller than me! (no, sorry,--or, dwaybuchi--we have no pictures of us together so you can see). We're actually pretty funny-looking together--she's tall and thin, and blonde, and all that, and I'm pretty short and a bit dumpy...with darker hair. But apparently a lot of people think that Holli's sixteen, and I am fifteen. But we're really twelve and thirteen!

We-ell. We changed hikes to a shorter one, and then we sort of had a quick afternoon, so we could get to the place by...oh, five or so. We got there about five o'five.

And so we had fun. Holli says she saw the pig that we ate get killed. I think it is gross, but she thinks that it's okay. I probably would have stuck to the cabbage that was like what we had in Thailand, had I seen it. Not like I mind eating meat--I enjoy it--but I don't exactly want to see how fresh my meat is. Actually, probably a lot of our meat is really really fresh out here. So are the vegetables. Mmm, vegetables--hey, I wouldn't mind that more often.

And there was this really delicious thing and it came from the Dai restaurant by our place. Which is really cool.

Well, I had a great day, but I have to prop my eyelids open with sticks and I have a few things to do yet. Like read something. And I might as well look at my dad's blog.
Saro

No comments: