Sunday

So long, Alderaan!

Cultural literacy, cultural literacy. I got a bad feeling about this.

The day Daddy took a long time out shopping he came back with a DVD. It was: Star Wars IV: A New Hope. Looking at it, I quickly decided that the princess on the cover was ugly and why did we have this movie now, anyway. I'm not one for violent movies, lemme tell you about Thai previews! Anyway, we all of a sudden had this Star Wars movie. I'd heard of them both, and I did know that Darth Vader was the bad guy dressed in black with the weird mask. I also recalled that as a joke I put a Darth Vader mask on a person's head via Photoshop, but I'm not going to tell you who that was.

Enough said. Anyway, so we were going to watch it...just that one, not the Empire Strikes Back, which, number one, we don't have, and, number two, Mum thinks that I'd have a big problem with watching Darth Vader choke anybody else. (He chokes one guy in this one but I had my eyes closed) So we watched this one. For those of you who may not 'a seen it, I will not spoil it, but I will give a few details.

It starts out with this spaceship that's captured by the Empire, and it's a Rebel ship so they are really at odds. The Empire dudes capture Princess Leia, but not before she sends out this cute little robot thingy, a droid, with a secret message. He's accompanied by another droid that seems quite fond of him but also seems to be sort of "above" him. (Like: "don't give me that mission thing again, I don't want to hear about it" and stuff like that). So they end up on this planet where there is a farm boy, Luke Skywalker, who lives with his uncle and aunt. The uncle buys the droids, unknowing of who they are, and yet he doesn't seem real excited when Luke says that one of the droids bears a bit of a message for his original owner, Obi-wan Kenobi, and could the old hermit Ben Kenobi have any connection with this Obi guy? The uncle seems to be hiding something but he doesn't ever out with it. The next morning Luke and the droids go some place, and they come back to discover that the farm's been sacked by the Empire. So Luke decides to join the rebel cause (they found Obi-wan Kenobi and he filled Luke in).

So they get this Han Olo person to take them to the Alderaan system, where Obi-wan Kenobi (I'll just call him OWK, okay?) and then they find that Alderaan is...well, the Empire has this deadly space station, the death star, and from my blog title I will leave you to gather what happens. So, do they meet up with Leia? And do they get to stop the Empire and terminate the Death Star? That's the question of the movie. And who is hotter, any way, Luke, or Han Olo?

Anyway, cultural literacy isn't that bad. But could somebody please get me out of this garbage?
Saro

No comments: