Thursday

The Chronicles of Thailand (3)

Still Janurary 25th. After that, we went to the new Narnia movie. It was so cool, and pretty close to the book, too! When I saw the trailer, Jadis looked much too pretty and even kind. But she had a definite evil air throughout the movie. Unfortunately, they had some previews that were terrible. The movie theater, I mean--Narnia was good!. But they had trailers for...um, well, the only one I can remember the title too was Memoirs of a Geisha. That was violent. And then there was this trailer for a guy who was a fighter, but it had him punching this guy's lights out, and it also had him finding a bunch of family members hacked up. Ew! not only that, but it had a thing before it that said, "The following PREVIEW has been approved for all audiences by the Motion Picture Association of America." Whatever happened to little four-year-old kids can't see much violence at all? I know that in some places, violence is every day life and you just can't protect them and families are broken up and all that...but if you can protect somebody, like Neal ("Daddy, tell me when it isn't like this anymore!"), why not?

Enough critism. My point was that, when the movie did start with the bombing of London by the Germans, I thought it was a preview and actually yelled, "NO!"--you know, I'd seen too many violent previews, and all that, and I just wanted to see the movie, violence or not. But it actually started with that to show the Pevensies leaving London.

Well, the movie was fascinating, and wonderful, and intense (I've read the book millions of times and I've never cried when they kill...well, you'll find out).
Do yourself a favor (time and money permitting) and see it.

*Yawn!* I think I'll go to bed now. More about Thai dancing tomorrow...

No comments: