Wednesday

The Chronicles of Thailand (2)

Here I am again! I'm continuing to blog as though I was copying from my diary--basically, diary entries that don't exist!

January 25th. Today we went putt-putt with Daddy, Susie, Sandy, Neal, Kelly, and her friend Uni (she's Korean).

It was cool--around the world in eighteen holes! The first hole was the Netherlands--just a windmill, nothing special (I think it should have been our Dutch Lone Valleyite--Daisy). It pretty easy. The next one was Switzerland--a bunch of mountains. That was easier. The third one was Canada--igloos and penguins, which always made me think of Alaska. The fourth was the Roman Colloseum--looked easy, because it was simply straight to a hole within the Colloseum. Actually, it was sloped slightly. It was good that after six unsuccesful strokes, you could give up! We progressed to the Spanish bulfighter and quickly found out that he was trickier--after a few wild swings and some interesting ball paths, I found myself in France. That was easier--get the ball through a bumpy path to the Eiffel Tower. I managed in one or two strokes, but spent the remaining going crazy trying to get it in the hole. So I ended up with seven. I sunk the ball directly in the hole at hole 7--the Statue of Liberty. That was easy!

After that there were two more American things--in Thailand?--and so we drove our balls through Manhattan. Then we went to Las Vegas and did a gambling thing--hit our ball through one, I mean. Kelly whacked hers into one of the lights by mistake! She was fine. I got lucky and did it in four. Apparently Sandy and Uni got it in one.

After that there was Mexico. It was fairly easy--nothing was as bad as Italy, Spain, and Australia. Australia was awful--you sent something up a slide into a kangaroo pouch (why you didn't just toss your balls to Matt I'll never know) and none of us--oh, Sandy and Daddy did--got it. Brazil was sort of a carnival loopdeloop but it was so scary to shoot at it that I ended up in seven. Next was--I think--South Africa. That was cool because it was just a curvy trek with zebra stripes (why not just toss the balls to Nelson Mandela? Or the Ladysmith Black Mambazo?). Egypt's pyramid was okay too.

India was fun! You shot the ball across a river (Ganges?), past the Taj Mahal, and into the hole. I got it in two. Uni got the ball in the river. We were wondering what those nets were for! It was hilarious, and she took it good-naturedly. We then did a flag of Japan for Japan. That was boring and pretty easy, too.

China! Oh, why wasn't it beautiful Qi Shan and my lonesome valley? But it was the Great Wall. Easy enough, I guess. After putting, you walked along the wall to Thailand. Thailand was shooting a ball down an elephant's nose and then putting it into the hole. Original--I guess.

Ending scores in order of good stuff:

  • Neal, 0. We stopped counting him.
  • Daddy, 60. I'd have sworn he'd played before!
  • Kelly, 76. She was an unexpected winner.
  • Sandy, 77. Who cares?
  • Uni, 82. We all thought she would win for sure!
  • Saro, 85. I thought I would be last, but, noooo...
  • Susie, 97. I thought she'd do better than me, at least!

No comments: