Thursday

Did you see him walking?

Say, did you see him walking? it was early this morning
He passed by your house on his way to the coal
He was tall, he was slender, and his blue eyes so tender
His occupation was miner, West Virginia his home...

This song is just haunting. I don't know why I like it, I'm the sort of person who wants things to be happy all the time. Who doesn't? I guess it's just sort of timeless, and not all songs are. I was listening to Folksounds the other day and there was this very timely song in it: "Uncle Sam's Farm". If any of you are familiar with the Little House books by Laura Ingalls Wilder, this is a song sung in "By the Shores of Silver Lake". Anyway, it's about homesteading, you know, you file a claim and then you work it for a particular amount of time and if you stick it out it's yours. And it's not timeless by any means.

Do any of you remember what happened in January in West Virginia? I think that I really came to love this song at that time (we had to do the news story for current events) though I had already heard the song and had wanted to hear it again. I have not exactly heard it again, but I have a MIDI of the tune and the lyrics which I found online and that will have to be good enough...until I can check out a CD from the library.

Oh. I did have a point I was going to make here. Um...I don't think I can remember what it is. Oh. That's it. Anyway, you don't have to know why you like something to like it, you just have to like it to like it. If you know what I mean.

Whew! I really ought to stop blogging because it's almost lunchtime. Besides, I want a new profile picture and I better fix my hair because I want it taken today. If it works.

Today I woke up at about 4 am all sweaty. I hadn't had a bad dream (just a weird one) but I was suffocating from two blankets, warm pajamas and long underwear. I couldn't even rest until I got the long underwear off, and then I didn't sleep til about 6:45. Then I woke up about nine, and I hate waking up late. Oh, well, I'm none worse for the insomnia. It's just frusterating.

I have to make a pulley out of rope, a broom, a mop, my father and my mother for school today. That should prove interesting...'cause I have to try to pull them together. Actually, I think they can pull themselves together quite nicely...

Did you notice that I changed the format for my comments? Now you get the sad face if nobody comments. And if more than one person comments you get a happy face! No, I'm not trying to get you to leave a comment, I think it's just cool what you can do with Haloscan.
Saro
P.S. But it would be nice if you would leave a comment :)

No comments: