Monday

Helllllllllp!

It happened one day when we were taking a hike. It was really muddy, and we had just scrambled down from the stupa. It has this trail down, see, and it was really really tricky. So we just went on down and I was half afraid I would fall.

Next we had this cool time trying to get through these rice paddys. Sure, I thought, it's a bit muddy, but my shoes are dirty and ragged anyway. It would be fine.

Oops. I was getting a bit annoyed at the tough going, had reached the point where I just wanted to get home. So I, in the lead, was just crash and burning through. That's when I slipped.

First thing I did was scream as I was in the process of flipping over and tumbling in. Next thing I knew I was putting my right arm (in retrospect, I would've chosen the left in case of fracture) forward to catch the ground. Splash!Next thing, I was being supported by my arm and my knees, the knees against the rough wall the path made, my arm buried deep in water and mud from a flooded terrace. I was not happy.

Everybody else, of course, thought it was hilarious.
Saro

No comments: