Monday

Deer Song


This song is a song I'm writing via that Finale Notepad thing. It's a collection of four "airs"--"Emptiness", "Wish", "Mountain" and "Rain". You can play 'em on the whistle (like I am in this picture), or, like I have it in FN, violin with piano. Or, I suppose it could be whistle with piano. Anyway, it's a very pretty thing, I think, but it is perhaps not very good.

Emptiness: During a long drought, a wetlands area by Mt. Rainier that had once been a lake--it's a lake once more--was almost completely dried up. It was just haunting and it was oddly and weirdly beautiful--though I would have taken the lake any day.

Wish: And there just hasn't been enough rain--and snow--in the mountains. So the wish is that the rains will come.

Mountain: And, towering above it all--the highest peak in Washington State (though not in the country or continent by any means!), Mt. Rainier.

Rain: And sometimes, it does indeed rain...

The title comes in 'cause there's a lot of deer on the way. It's like the second-best part of hiking (though I love water buffalo I would give them all for deer)
Saro

No comments: