Saturday

Over Aran's wild Shore


Those long summer days when we climbed the hills o'er, to spend hours in the fields over Aran's wild shore...

Here is the Chinese road to Drumleman. I actually was pretty tired and crabby when I took that picture, but I knew it when I saw it! This was it! The picture that "said it all".

Have I told you this? We listen to music at bedtime. We'll pop in a tape and go to bed and usually we'll fall asleep during that. That worked in Seattle, too, only we used CDs--the Blackest Crow was my favorite! And "The Road to Drumleman" evoked pictures in my head--one of them was of this hill and this path leading up and down it, and maybe a couple people in the middle of the path and the road that wound--either to the sea or to a little cottage. I don't know. But maybe it was was something like this that I was thinking of. This is a picture of a portion of the area right outside Lone Valley--The big hill hill in there is Qi Shan, and the hill we are on is Ba Shan. And the rice paddies don't take the effect away, they make it greater. Anyway, "goodnight and joy be with you all."
Saro

No comments: