Thursday

Hi mister master ays?

When I was little, I loved Spike Jones (I have varied tastes), especially der Fuehrer's Face. Don't ask me why. I don't even know the lyrics. But I sang one verse like this:

When the furo says,
"Hi mister master ays"
We "Hi!" [spit] "Hi!" [spit]
Right in to furo's face;
Not to love the furo
Is a great disgrace, so...
We "Hi!" [spit] "Hi!" [spit]
Right into furo's face.


Now, the few things I know now is that the "furo" doesn't say "Hi mister master ays", it's some weird German phrase or something. And it's not "Hi!" it's "Heil". But the next section is worse. My version:

Would you talk to Superman?
Dar dar Superman?
"Howdy, Mr. Superman!"
Super duper Superman!

Is this not this land so good?
Would you eat it if you could?
"Yeah, this klutzy land is good!
We would eat if we could!"

We bring this world Senora
(womp, womp)
Hi Hitler's world disorder!
If we want a foreign race
We love that furo's face,
But we bring to the world disorder!

When the furo says...


I'm not quite an expert at this, but I do believe that I got quite a few words wrong. The "eat it if you/we could" was the only intentional error. If I can find the real lyrics...hey, just a minute...

When Der Fuehrer says, "We ist der master race"
We HEIL! HEIL! Right in Der Fuehrer's face
Not to love Der Fuehrer is a great disgrace
So we HEIL! HEIL! Right in Der Fuehrer's face

Are we not the supermen
Aryan pure supermen
Ja we ist der supermen
Super-duper supermen
Ist this Nutzi land not good?
Would you leave it if you could?
Ja this Nutzi land is good!
Vee would leave it if we could

We bring the world to order
Heil Hitler's world New Order
Everyone of foreign race will love Der Fuehrer's face
When we bring to der world disorder!


Okay, there we go. I think that the version I misheard it as a child from Spike Jones was rather...amusing. But what was worse was "My Old Flame".

According to Spike Jones, the last saga was:

She treated me so mean,
So I took a can of gasoline,
And struck a match to...(AAAAUGH!)
My...old...flame...


Well, that bothered me when I was little. I mean, think about it. A little girl about five years old...at least I wasn't reading about the Spanish Inquisition! But I liked to scream, so we have this tape of Daddy constantly repeating this and doing the scream. I had convinced him to do it once more...just one more time, and I didn't quite scream right. So I said, "Let's do it again, we're out of voice."

"We're out of voice?" he says, kind of surprised.

"Yeah."

So we did it again.

No comments: