Wednesday

Lao wai central!

Just Monday we had a great time out at the farm where there are two American families and one Philipino, plus a lot of Chinese people. The only girl almost exactly my age here, Holli, lives there, and she and I had a great time together. She was doing a silly song and pretending it was serious, and then I started giggling and she goes, "What are you laughing at, woman?" and we bust out laughing, because I am only thirteen. And we played Twister with everybody, and it got really crazy...I got to call once and there's, like, you know, red, blue, yellow, green, and I called, "right hand, red; right foot, red; left foot, red; left hand, green;", because I was making it up. My sister promptly fell down. We had everybody, practically, with some notable exceptions of several of the Chinese people, Holli's mum, and all that. Oh, by the way, if you remember I linked to Holli's blog, she got a different one and may be deleting the old one. She won't be posting on blogspot anymore, that is, so here is her Xanga.

On Tuesday we got together with a couple of American families in town, and one family has three daughters, the eldest Micah, and the youngest Skylie. Rats, I forgot the middle one's name. Micah and Becky really hit it off, I was glad to see that. We were all playing hide 'n' seek, and Skylie suddenly started to sniffle and put out her arms to me. I was pretty surprised, and decided to pick her up. Why did she want me? Her mother was at table, I supposed I could go take her there, because I figured she might have made a mistake (how, I don't know, but whatever). It's a good thing I didn't--I think she just wanted to play. I picked her up, and realized I had to hide. "You can hide with me," I whispered, "okay?" I ran all the way into a room that had an okay hiding spot and managed to hide all of us. I also managed to keep her from sticking arms and legs out in all directions. From then on we were inseparable as far as hide 'n' seek went. The next spot I tried was the under the bed. I helped Skylie under it, then slipped under myself, except that the middle kid from the other family, a boy around Skylie's age, started in with me and I was squeezed and squashed already. Y'know, I do think I've lost a small bit of weight, nothing noticeable, but I was pretty thankful for that because one more inch or so and I'd've burst. I managed to pull all protruding limbs into semi-comfortable positions under the bed, and it was a good hiding place. Of course, if Preston hadn't decided to crawl under with me, it would've been better, but who can complain?
Saro

No comments: