Wednesday

Funny tidbits

Nothing really is happening! It's a little less than eight weeks 'til we start the going home process (getting out of this city, I mean) and a little less than six weeks left of school. Daddy and me and Becky are watching Star Wars with the commentary on, and part of me wants to say, "What is this relationship between Luke and Darth Vader that everyone's talking about?" and part of me is saying, "Okay, here we go, I'm gonna read the books and find out." So don't tell me. I got a fairly good guess, though, and if it weren't so ludicrous, I'd actually believe it.

Well, yesterday I was humming "West Viginia Mining Disaster" (I think that's the right name) (You know, I just don't know!) and my sister started doing this dance that was a sort-of imitation of Wa dancing (if you haven't seen Wa dancing, that's the sort of dancing you might see if you're watching caveman movies). And I'm humming this Jean Ritchie song and Susie's dancing this Wa dance and I started laughing. It's really funny.

Susie and I mixed Hope Valley with Star Wars, and got our usual results. Mediocre story, dumb jokes that either got an "ennnh" from Daddy or sent him groaning, and a lot of action and fun. the premise was this: The Millenium Falcon had mysteriously landed on earth, and the folks at the Science Fiction Museum thought it was a real replica that nobody wanted. So they go and get it. Meantimes, Han Solo wants his ship back. So he, Luke, Leia and Chewbacca all go to get it and drive it away just as the Hope Valley tour group has entered. Not only are they shocked, but then they get sucked into the Death Star. Concerned that their last hour has come, they sneak the kids out in batches, but before the grown-ups can sneak out, Darth Vader realizes that the kids are missing and the grown-ups are now in mortal danger (the reason he doesn't kill them outright is that they weaken his power by being silly). The last batch of kids, which has as adult supervisor Rhody, the choir director, and the kids are Katy O'Hara, Eva Wang, Leah Nelson, and Becca O'Hara, magically learn how to fly ships and try to rescue the grownups. They almost blow up the Death Star and Katy, loving to sing, begins to while dressed in a storm trooper costume!!! However, everyone gets away okay and poor Jennie, the tour guide, doesn't loose her job. It was really fun to play, especially as Susie was Darth Vader and I tower over her!

that's about all for today. Stay tuned, as more things might actually happen (in my dreams).
Saro

No comments: