Thursday

untitled

Sorry!--yes, this really is untitled. There's nothing much to say except that spring is coming (it's warm enough for tee-shirts outside and light parkas inside) and February is over! (Folksounds yesterday kept mentioning that...)

Let me see. Hm. Well, the rice paddy is turning from this to this, as it's being demolished. Oh, well. I will miss the lake. (I guess I went overboard on the TEXT STyles.
Now, what was I saying? Oh, yes. 'Way up against Qi Shan is the major construction, and that is not faculty housing like we thought. The faculty housing comes closer, I guess. Well, that's some classroom buildings. Weird. They're 'way out there!

I wanted to do a report on the Scythians today, but I found next to no information on them other than their political history and funeral practices. Ugh. I'm not gonna be the concubine of no Sycthian king! Too dangerous. Next thing you know, he'd up and die on me and then they'd want me to get strangled and put in his grave. Yeesh. I wasn't about to do a report on morbid funeral practices, so I switched my work over to Shang China. I didn't learn much, but I did learn about the way they predicted the future with oracle bones. The way they found out in the 20's was pretty cool so I did that. I probably set to much time to the "set-up" and let the content get yucky. Oh, well...next Thursday's another week.

Susie and I are going to do a little "performance" on Easter for our parents and we need to practice before Sunday. At first it had two honkin' parts but I decided to take out the one because two hours is not ideal for a little program that Susie is reluctant to do anyway. She said the Christmas one was worth it--but she hated practicing. Oh, well, this is a lot more singing and less instrumentation. Not as fancy.

Perhaps I should change the title of this to "miscellaneous", because it's just that...miscellaneous. What an awkward word to write! A writer gets the feel of words, the way they look, the way they feel, and all that.
Saro

No comments: