Friday

Oh, then tell me, Sean O'Farrell

Is anybody reading my blog? I haven't been getting any comments lately. Sigh. Oh, well, I don't live for comments, by any means. I am enjoying blogging quite a bit, and I am always trying to update for some weird event goin' on.

So, since this is another "miscellaneous" post, I do believe I will explain that the title comes from an Irish rebel song--the songbook said that once somebody announced that he was gonna sing one of those and an Irish guy said, "Which rebellion?" and the fact is, I don't know. I like it chiefly for the tune, the way it can be wild and haunting and yet simply be proud and brave and...well, it's a great tune. Let me see if I can get the lyrics, and maybe a tune clip...well, I might'a found something. And, probably, it's a different version...yeeks! Link. I never knew the last verse, quite frankly, and, in that picture, real as it may be--well, that's not where I pictured it. Oh, well. What's mo bhuachaill mean, anyway? Or don't I want to know?

Saro

No comments: