Wednesday

Thoughts.

Here are some poetic thoughts. I know that they aren't very cheerful, but they are things to think about.

Jet
Watch them get ready.
Watch them signal it to taxi into the right place.
Watch the steady stream of passengers get off
And another get on.
Watch them load luggage.
Watch the pilot and the flight attendants, talking among themselves
Board a flight.
See the doors shut
And the wild engine's roar
As it lifts gracefully up into the air
To a tiny speck,
Feel excitement grow in your heart to know it will soon be your turn
And tell me.
Who watched flight 93 take off like this?
I wrote this one a while ago and revised it. This is a strange fact, but, though I've seen no footage of 9/11, it affected me in more ways than one. The most apparent (though, once I grow up, I think that there will be another fact that shows) is that I cannot bear to see a building implode or fall even if it's a scheduled one like the Kingdome (non-Seattle residents, that was a sports stadium they razed for Qwest field in Seattle). Now, the Kingdome was before 9/11, and I watched it with...um...kind of delight. Nowadays the very memory makes me sick.
Lone Rainy Afternoon
Rain streams down my window.
The lights are on at 4:00.
The CD player's green digital numbers and grinding hardly pierces the gloom.
Dark green and light gray
Cozy.
Warm and watching brown branches turn black
Looking at doves with their blue feathers ruffled up to tiny heads.
Or heads tucked under wings.
Books that take me to Old England
Where they might have had rain such as this.
Or just sit.
This is what it should be for winter and much of fall and spring. At least should be and is in Seattle. I would trade the tropical rainy and dry seasons for this, but, it'll do in a pinch.
Saro

No comments: