Thursday

Until my pining is through...

Sorry!--yes, I am quoting songs right and left. That one is from Elwood Donnelly's song, "Problem With Words".

Now, I don't claim to know what the song is talking about, but the second verse goes something like:

I'm gonna write you some prose...until my pining is through.


And, not knowing what the song is about, I am probably pulling it 'way out of context...but last night, I was listening to that song...and I had a thought. I am writing prose until my pining is through!

Isn't that what I've been doing on this blog? Haven't I been writing about whatever strikes my fancy? I think that somehow it makes me feel better to write for everyone to see--when I say everyone, I mean anyone who chances upon this blog, my tiny corner of cyberspace--"until my pining" (for the Lagan) "is through".

Yes, I know the song probably doesn't mean that. I'm clueless as to what it means. But I'm forever pulling songs out of context. Like, with "Donkey Riding"--there's a verse that goes like this:

Were you ever in London-town?
See the king, he does come down.
See the king, in his golden crown,
Riding on a donkey.


I disregarded tons of stuff in that verse, but I left enough information in my head that it suddenly brought in a new meaning to me. I'll leave you, if you have a lot of time on your hands, to figure it out, but I'm doing that all the time!

That's just one example. But a song, that means something completely different, can have your own special meaning. And, you know, I think that that's okay--so long as you don't force others to share your thoughts...

Well, I've got to study for a science test tomorrow. 'Bye now!

Saro

No comments: