Monday

Cosi fan tute???

I just did this Google search on my violin teacher's name, for fun. Since he sings in the Seattle Opera (and didn't leave singing behind in class), he was in their bio section and it looked like it might be him. Except, I didn't know he was German! Yeeks, is everyone German?

I also found out that Seattle Opera is doing Cosi Fan Tute and I know that means, "Women Are Like That". So now I'm wondering, would any woman preform in that opera? Or watch it, for that matter? Hmm.

It is so cold in this concrete block apartment!!! Even with the space heater on, I have to move constantly or burrow between the covers. And I can't do my math like that (not like I want to do my math at all but I have no choice)! Nor my cool Apologia science. So I've got to brave the cold. I should really get outside where it's very warm. Have I mentioned that we're in the tropics? Plus, pretty soon, apparently, we're going to Thailand and people are always telling us, "Wear capris! Wear shorts!" so that will be fun.

But lately my fingers have been so frozen that "Home With the Girls in the Morning" has become "Drag Yourself Out of Bed--Slowwwly" and "The Road to Lisdoonvarna" (okay, I admit it, I'm into roads) has become "Snails on the Road to Lisdoonvarna", etc. etc. And the whistle is sounding more and more demented everyday. The piano rooms are warmer, but I don't have the time or energy to go all the way accross campus for that.

Why the cold? Oh, yeah, I forgot to tell you. South of the Yangtze river it is illegal to have central heat. Makes sense, really. But it gets kind of annoying when we have to open the window to let in warm air!

Well, talk to you later. I've got to go...

Saro

No comments: