Sunday

Down in Some Lone Valley

This is technically the second post, but it's sort of the introductory one, which means it'll probably be boring. Don't worry, I'll try to make it interesting.

Most of the action takes place here in the Lone Valley. That's what I call this really little city. I live here at the college, right in the shadow of this hill, Qi Shan (that means Flag Mountain). A lot of the memories take place in the Lagan, which is actually Seattle, WA. I call it the Lagan because it's in this song, "The Road to Drumleman". Some of the memorys take place in Rose Town--that's in Illinois where Grandma and Grandpa live.

And finally, Drumleman. I'm a dreamer, and Drumleman is my dream world. I say that I live "on the road to Drumleman". That's because I know that sometime, somewhere, someday, sometimes, I will be in Drumleman, if just for a minute. Drumleman is probably the Lagan all perfect the way I remember it on a good day. When you're away from home, you get into this utopia thing, and...never mind, it's boring. Anyway, Drumleman is sort of everywhere.

The reason I got this blog is because Daddy thought I posted on his too often. Not posted, per ce--just left too many chatty comments. So now I am heir to my own and I got to choose the name and everything! Too cool. So now I don't have to link what I'm writing to whatever he wants to write about--that means, if I want to do a lecture on modes (which I won't because I want people to keep reading it!) I could do that and not have to link it in some way to the daily wrestling with spicy food.

Let's see, should I warn you about anything else? Oh. My family thinks I am a poet and so you might run into some genuine Drumleman "schmoetry"--that's poetry run awry. So you might be subject to schmoetry and complaining because no one realizes that yes, there is a difference between that and poetry. Or maybe I'm being stupid. I don't know. Anyway, if you read it--I hope--you'll see.

I have a lot to catch up on (I've been here since August!) but that will have to wait until tomorrow at least, depending on how quickly I can finish my math. Let's see--it takes me two minutes on average to finish a problem. 30+ problems per lesson, one lesson per day. 60+ minutes. Ugh. But it's not that simple. It's, like, 1 minute for story problems, 2 for regular addition and subtraction and write this dumb number, and 3+ for multiplication and division. Ugh, I hate math, so why am I figuring it out? The numbers stay the same and this is just wasting time. So goodbye until tomorrow.

Saro

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heh, heh. Comment vengeance is mine!