Sunday

The blackest crow

The blackest crow that ever flew
Would surely turn to white
If ever I proved false to you
Bright day would turn to night.
Bright day would turn to night, my love,
The elements would mourn.
If ever I proved false to you
The seas would rage and burn...


That's a nice song. It has a very pretty tune, and it has a lot of beauty to it. I do wonder, though, if that song were true, why don't we have a lot of white crows flying around?

It's one of those songs that I have memorized unconciously--Daddy says I know a zillion songs and I don't think so, but I do memorize stuff unconciously. I'll just be singing along to a song, and then later humming it and realize that all of a sudden, I know all the words (but it doesn't stop me to sing a song in private if I don't know all the words).

I don't have much to say today. Nothing much is happening, and no schoolwork is forcing my creativity to be shoved into small chunks. So I think I will close for now.
Saro

No comments: