Tuesday

It's just the preliminaries...

Oy, gevalt! One thing I hate about starting a new blog, diary, correspondence, etc., is that I have to tell everything over again--preliminaries I already know. Yeeks! Problem is, I don't know if anyone reads this that knows all the preliminaries--and I better not risk it. But something very interesting is that, despite the preliminaries, I'm very ready to write or post or...I guess that covers it. Well, you probably figured that out. Was it just Sunday when I started? And look how many posts I have already!
More preliminaries. Um, let's see. What should I tell you?

Well, for one thing, I am definitely a music nut. Really! And that means I have a lot of stuff running around having to do with music--like a violin, two recorders, a good whistle, a dud one, sheet music, music stand, piano know-how (and the desire to play), CDs and tapes...yeeks! But at home we also have a guitar (which I can't play for the life of me--except for "The Riddle Song"), more sheet music, an actual piano, more CDs and tapes...the list goes on and on.

But I also like to write. I've created several spots, like Hope Valley--oy, Hope Valley is a post in and of itself. Remind me later. A lot of times music gets into my writing, or musicians, anyway--I won't tell you how my favorite musicians edged their ways in to my stories (edged their way in is a figure of speach--I did it myself...). But I can write and not mention music at all--and I do love it!

I also like to sew. I have three homeade dolls here (I am a teenager and still play with dolls. Deal with it!), Bethany, of my mother's making, and of my own making Aubrey and Jennet. Such names! Jennet is new and just needed a pretty name. Aubrey, on the other hand...well, I'll talk about her later. I am constantly changing their outfits--Bethany occasionally, the others more often--they're smaller. I can't make new clothes with my minority dolls which I got recently--two dolls dressed in Chinese minority costumes. Beautiful. And another post.

I like to think I am a caring person. I think I am, to an extent, though maybe someday I'll have pity on my poor parents and be a nice, respectful, obediant girl--nah, that'll never happen! Sometimes I'm not too sure, though, so I think I will let the subject drop...

Um, what else? Oh, I have two favorite musical groups, Balkanarama and
Atwater-Donnelly. Balkanarama is a Balkan group with about seven members--at last count. They play very enthralling music, and (oh, no. Here comes another post!) I love to dance to it. Unfortunately they play in public and I end up making a fool of myself and sometimes they notice! I know for a fact Eva Moon notices, and one time I think Sue Niemann did.

Atwater-Donnelly, on the other hand, will keep you on your seat unless you want to dance to ballads (they do a lot of ballads). Unfortunately, if you fall off your seat when you laugh, you will have a hard time staying on when they're around. Ms. Atwater and Mr. Donnelly are two very nice people who have a bit of a sparkle--that is, they will say hi to a perfect stranger and then talk to them, and they tell jokes. They're a folk duo from Rhode Island, and I've seen them twice--once in Portland, OR, and once in Hinsdale, IL. Ms. Atwater does stuff solo, too, and I saw her in Bothell, WA. Yes, that's about as close to the Lagan as she got. Well, I was in Drumleman at that point, so it doesn't matter. All three of those appearances are posts in and of themselves. Expect them to come up a lot, when you have met someone who has made CDs, at least if you're me, you're thrilled! I mean, I was thrilled to meet actual people who have published books and CDs.

Let's see, any more preliminaries? Well, I guess just one more thing. It is beautiful here! It is a lovely place with a lot of flowers and trees. You wouldn't believe it, but here it is January and there's this beautiful cherry tree in bloom! And that's not the only thing. There are tons of these purple flowers around, and when I think that on the Lagan, it is rainy and cold and there are a lot of those dark rainy nights...I wonder just where I love. This is not a typo for "live"! Wait a moment, everybody says I am a poet! In that case, I can muse about that in a poem, and it will be interesting. Well, my heart aches, so I really ought to get off the computer and let someone else on. Like Daddy, perhaps...

Saro

No comments: