Wednesday

While strolling through the park

Today we went to the park. We ate food from the vendors there--I got my favorite. It's called "noodle-rice" and it's basically a bunch of different cold (but cooked) noodles and some vegetables and spices. Yummy. I try to eat it without slurping...

We walked through it carefully, to explore it and enjoy it. We came upon the exercise place--think those "exercise trails" you see back in the 'States, overgrown and rusty, only these were rather new. There was this one thing that--oh, gee, I don't know how to describe it, but you stepped on it and it was like a swing for your feet. I spent ages on that and got a terrific sunburn on my bare shoulders (I will wear a navy blue tanktop and navy blue pants together on a sunny day...). Of course, before that we had a terrific downpour! We got almost soaked and the rain drummed so hard I got a headache.

We were allowed two rides each, and we went together on both. The first was a sort of pedal-roller coaster. It was a long track (that didn't go up and down or anything) and you pedalled along it. It looks stronger than it feels and it is stronger than it feels, but I didn't stop worrying until I pretended I was in an X-wing and Susie was a droid. But she objected to being a droid and was Red 8 instead. Sigh. I was Red 5 :).

For the other, we went on a tilt-a-whirl and had a lot of fun screaming. And we forgot to do the leaning that makes you spin more, too! Yeeks, that would've been one heck of a ride!

So it was a really fun day. I really would like to go again. Believe it or not, the "playground" and the noodle-rice were the highlight of the day...
Saro

No comments: