Saturday

Crazy lao wai

If you read in the China Daily that there are crazy foreigners in the southern Yunnan area, well, Kiana and Micha and us are probably the culprits. We were doing everything from playing Barbie Princess and the Pauper (which, by the way, turned to a jump-off-the-wall contest where I kept crying, "Oh, no, my tutor just jumped off a cliff! Oh, well, I will jump off, too!") to playing drop-the-pencil-case with a bunch of students who were just tickled. And, I murdered a folk song because I got caught and had to sing. So, I sang "Granny, Will Your Dog Bite" amid giggles and my sister has her head down and is shaking her head.

In between that, we played hide'n'seek and I hid in two great spots, once, in a fairly obvious place in a corner, and once behind a bunch of singing students. Micha, however, carried off the honor by hiding up in a tree and sending a bunch of students into gales of laughter while I looked all around me, and then they pointed.

So, yesterday was a real good day. Some days are like that.
Saro

No comments: