Saturday

In Dulci Jubilo

Hi there! Don't worry, I'm not losing my mind. It's not Christmas and won't be for awhile yet (though next month...). I'm just putting together the Christmas Play so that we can memorize our lines. I'm terrible at memorizing things the old boring way, but I can memorize something I use every day just by...using it! I memorized a complex web address I really need, and I know a lot of songs that way. Quotes from movies...well, that came from seeing the scene and having it just go to me, and then finding the script or something to insure accuracy. (But I think my mom is tired of me yelling "Noooo! Noooo! Noooo!" every day!)

But I have a perfect idea this year. It's really hard to explain, but I'm hoping it'll work. I've got to hunt up some lyrics. The English version of "In Dulci Jubilo" is just one of them, and it's not the title song, either. That, thankfully, is easier to cite who wrote it and all that. I just got to make sure I'm talking about the right tune, and...Christmas bells, anyone? I guess I'll have to go without that sound effect.

Yours, from the frazzled "playwright"--
Saro

No comments: