Sunday

Okay, okay, okay, this is the last one for a while

I am a huge Star Wars fan, but it's not my only interest, nor is it my passion, nor am I going to blog about it forever.

But, I will post this post about Star Wars, and now (having seen all I want to see) I will stop for awhile. I'm pretty sure, I mean.

Yesterday we tried to watch the rest of "Return of the Jedi". After some trouble, it worked, but then it froze up and our DVD player committed suicide (yes, I meant committed suicide. Sometimes I think that my Dad will toss it in the river where you toss things you just hate (books that are terrible and you don't agree with you toss in the river Elbe)). We tried to fix the DVD player, we tried to watch it on our computer, we tried to watch it on another computer...and all the time I was worried about those little ewoks.

Then, that evening, our friends were waiting for us outside. "We'd like to play with you tonight," they said, "but we have to go inside and watch TV. You wanna watch Star Wars III?"

"Um, nooo," I said, and suddenly we were all saying the same thing at once. "D'you have Star Wars VI???"

"No," they said.

Well, we had a discussion I barely remember, but in the end Micha and I were running home to get it. We came back and trooped up to their house. After a feverish selection of chapters, we sat down to watch, and....I started to cry. It's a beautiful movie and there are also parts that just break your heart. Of course, the crying wasn't too bad and they all had different theories as to how to stop it. Micha tried to get me a drink of water. Kiana gave me a pillow to cry in. Susie giggled and asked me to stop, because I was making her "hysterical". I tried, but I couldn't help it.

I can't give away what made me cry, but I'll tell you this: near the end it gets beautiful and more intense than I thought a movie could be. It is science fiction (which I still don't like), but I can forgive it that for its quality. It's worth seeing.
Saro

P.S. I stopped crying, now.

No comments: