Wednesday

Thread coming out of my ears

Yesterday I worked on three sewing projects--two ongoing, and one just started. The ongoing projects are taking up my mother's gray pants, and also hemming a "handkerchief" with a decorative stitch. The handkerchief, by the way, is steel gray with black flowers on it, but I like it.

The project I am starting right now is a quilt. Does that sound pretty adventurous? I've made one before. That was a nine-patch quilt in a style given in my school book, this is a twelve-patch variation with designs. I'm basically going to sew the top here, then when we get home for good see if we have a remnant big enough for the bottom and enough batting. If we do, then I'll sew that. After that? Well, save up to get colored thread and seam binding tape in a proper color.

Last night I cut the quilt squares. Two each of blue, white, green, gray, white, green. Properly it would've been purple, white (or red), green, black (or...um...yeah, black), white (or red), green. Some of you might be figuring this out!

Well, I won't be able to show you any pictures until 2007 sometime, but I hope you'll enjoy it...
Saro

No comments: