Tuesday

Thanksgiving Proclamation

I have never wanted to be President or take a high political standing. Not only can I not stand politics, I just could not stand to have half the country think you're wonderful and half not or something like that. Also, being in charge of a whole country must be pretty tiring.

Still, I think there would be one nice thing about it...no, I'm not talking being in control or having a cool house (white) or a plane or stuff like that--I don't really care about that stuff (as I write this my family is not even in possession of a car, we're in a foreign country with no control over practically anything and in an apartment that is smaller than the first floor of our two-floor house!). But I think it would be fun to write proclamations for holidays.

My mom was just looking for this year's Thanksgiving proclamation, and that was actually the first time I'd ever heard about such a thing. It's interesting--to have to write all that in a manner that the whole nation would want to read it. And the whole nation might read it. Thankfully, to have this challenge and joy you don't have to be president (and thankfully, most people can avoid the job if they don't want to). If you write a book you want many people to want to read it and there might be a bunch of people from all fifty states who read it.

Oh, and thankfully there are people who seem to like being president or don't mind or whatever so that those who don't want to be president don't have to be.

Yes, I know Thanksgiving's on Thursday. I just like to be kind of "awares" of things to be thankful for most of the time (when I'm bummed I have to be plain old bummed first, before I can look on the bright side. Who doesn't?), plus, it seems so sappy to have to come up with things spontaneously when you're groaning from indigestion. I prefer to think about it, ponder it, and do it before the meal. You might be thankful for a lot to eat before the meal and still afterwards, but afterwards you might be too full to want to think about food.

So, aside from the obvious that you could probably list for me (e.g., food, clothing, food, family, etc.), here they are, in order:

Words
Books
Pencils
Keyboards (computer and musical)
Finale NotePad
Computer games (especially my new favorite, a science fiction one)
The fact that the Chinese people actually know how to cook vegetables, unlike most Americans (except they're tied in the potato department and Americans do tomatoes better)

No comments: