Monday

How do the days run?

I just realized that no one knows how exactly we spend our days. I thought you might like to know, so...
Monday, Thursday and Friday I wake at 7:00 or so and read my history over breakfast. Tuesdays and Wednesdays are the same, only I wake around 7:30. I then generally goof off until later in the morning, when I do science and English. Math is only for part of the year because the math curriculum is made for three or four times a week, instead of five. So I do five, skipping occasionally, so that around Christmastime my schooling will be light. Actually, to be fair, I don't do both science and English most of the time.

Twelve o'clock is lunchtime. We all go to the cafeteria and get some food there. Yes, it's Chinese food, but it's good for everyday. I generally get a vegetable, with or without rice, or noodles, topped with lots of green onions and crushed garlic.

After lunch Becky and I usually play or read until Becky's school starts and then I generally start doing the rest. After that I do other things until it's time to be "checked" (when it's really my schoolwork that's being checked, not me!). Then I have to pick up completely, and then I'm free 'til supper. After supper I'm also (generally) free.

Weekends are completely unstructured, which is the way weekends always should be. I mean, they may be structured to the hilt, but they're always different. Saturdays have a different flavor than Sundays, and we do a lot!

This week is as unstructured as a weekend, actually. Wednesday's a wedding, Thursday's Thanksgiving at the farm, and Friday is "do-school-early-pack-up-and-go-to-KUNMING!!!" day. How cool is that?

No comments: