Saturday

London Bridge is Falling Down...

...my fair lady!

Yeah, I know, that's a weird way to announce that we saw a musical tonight. Can you guess which one? :)

Okay, this movie was okay...not great but not as good as I thought it would be. With a little bit of luck I might actually watch it again, you think?

I'll have to do some research and see if there is a plain in Spain that gets a lot of rain. Or, if I were to get really technical (spoiler warning!!!) how did Zoltan Karpathy "discover" that Eliza was "Hungarian". Hmmm... Zoltan Karpathy was funny, though.

Is it just me or does the style of hat that Eliza's father wears in the start of the movie ring a bell with anybody? It seems to me like I've seen it on folks in Seattle. But, then again, not since 2005 sometime, and here it is November 2006.

Oh, well. It's a fun movie. See it, but do yourself a favor and see it with subtitles...or in your primary language if at all possible...

P.S. I watched a musical and now I have "'Til There Was You" from the Music Man and "Papir iz doch vays" (sp?) from Folksongs and Footnotes by Theodore Bikel. No idea why...

No comments: