Sunday

Oh, where is a violin teacher?

FINALLY! Yesterday Mum, with the help of her Chinese teacher, got my
violin fixed. The Chinese teacher's English is really good, and she
also teaches Japanese, if I remember correctly. She took Mum (I was
afraid to go) to a guy on campus and according to Mum he got the bridge
fixed and even tuned it. Gone are its fuzzy sounds! Oh, it sounds so
wonderful now!

I really want to play a joke on Mr. Yarr, my (former) violin teacher.
He jokingly said, "Send me some Chinese music" and I would like to pick
up a copy of the "Yellow River Sonata" or whatever it's called, which
is all written in Chinese musical notation as well as being Chinese
music and send it to him with an accompanying note about it being the
"real deal". Oh, well.

I just can't wait to start taking violin again in the States. Only, I
think I want to get some lessons in how to play in the Celtic style.
Vibrato and the other hand positions would be nice, too.

Now, I know your heads are probably muddled, but I will clear them up
by simply stating what the problem was. The violin bridge had slipped
(and if anybody is really experienced with the violin or has a teacher
who offhandedly mentions these things like mine did, you'll know that
it wasn't glued on in the first place) and I was afraid to play it,
thinking perhaps the violin would implode. I couldn't (and still can't)
remember what makes it implode, taking out the bridge, taking out that
post inside it, or taking off all the strings in the wrong way.
Anyways, we got it fixed and it's working beautifully!

Anyways, I was playing a few songs from the fiddle tunes book Mr. Yarr
kept bringing to class, and I was so wanting to play the other songs in
it that I finally went out and bought the same book! And I was just
wishing that there was someone to play the harmonies with. But since
the violin was sounding so bad I took most of my books and all of my
duet stuff home. Oh, well...

No comments: