Tuesday

Joy shall be yours in the morning

Hey, I woke up to thunder and lightening and rain! I got up and hurried into clothes and ran out onto the hallway balcony. A woman and her little baby were walking down the hallway and also observed the rain. I heard "dje-dje" a lot, so I imagine that she was explaining that dje-dje is very crazy and if you do that you will catch cold or something. Oh, well.

Seeing that, I just had to get out in it. I rushed back in and threw some leggings under my dress and a jacket over it. Then, in sandals at that, I went out to the gate where the vendors were setting out breakfast. The pancake lady looked very amused to see me easing my umbrella under her stand's big umbrella. I bought a pancake and went into the warm house, the rain in my hair and toes and hands, and extremely happy.

Now, the sun shines again, and the people are back to changing a verdant rice paddy into a brown and red plateau. And yet, it rained! My heart is singing. It rained! It rained! It rained!

April Showers
My feet are wet and muddy--
But I wish them so.
They're feeling the rain.

My hands hold tight to a cold umbrella handle--
But I with it so.
The rain has come again.

My nose is cold and reddening--
But I wish it so.
The smell of rain is here.

My ears are cold and wet--
But I wish it so.
The pattering of rain--a sound gone, but not forgotten.

My eyes are shining--
Because I wish it so.
The rains have come, again.


It's a beautiful day when it rains. No mistake, just a matter of personal eccentricities.
Saro

No comments: