Wednesday

Dance to the music

Well, here I am, three or more months away from going home, and I'm hoping--this may be possible--that we'll see Balkanarama again. If that's the case, well, then--I'm going to wear a dress. Lately, I've been wearing my one spring dress a lot (it's the perfect degree of warmth and coolness) and I love the way it swishes 'round my shins, though it's not a swishy skirt. Susie, however, likes to point out its resemblance to the type of dress that somebody else wears, but I can't see any resemblance--okay, it has flowers on it. Lots of my dresses do. But despite the teasing with no grounding, I love the dress. Problem? It's supposed to be dry clean only! Well--it's been washed once, and all it did was take a certain sheen off the buttons. And in cold water and line drying (like it will definintely get here) it'll be fine.

By the way, where was I? Oh, yeah, Balkanarama. Well, I have a certain disorder that means that when I hear Balkan music live--I'm not gonna sit quietly. I'll just jam with my own dances. One time Susie wanted to dance--this was at Third Place Books--but hey, she's shy (didn't want Eva Moon to see her, I guess--this was because I found out that she saw me once and now Susie's "spooked"), so she tagged right behind me. I want to lift my leg backwards--AAAAAACK! I caught her with my foot by mistake. And I told her, "Stop it!" and she wouldn't do it. I told her that if she's sitting in the audience (in the front row like we were) she'll still be within sight of the band. She doesn't care.

Come the intermission. Susie and I are playing this crazy game, and we look up to find the keyboardist afore mentioned speaking to Mum and Daddy. Susie darts behind me, leaving me to do all the answering (because, it's interesting, a lot of times when people are standing right in front of you facing you, they will actually talk and it's very polite that you should talk back).

Well, I know that now, if we go to Third Place Books, I'm getting out there at the first song because I can't bear to sit in a seat any more.

But if we go to their restaurant venue...well, that's a different place. I'll eat the yummy Greek food before I dance.
Saro

No comments: