Thursday

Crazily Speak English

This is no joke--the title of this post is the title of a TV show! We saw it on TV. It had this one Chinese guy, and a foreigner. The foreigner was saying things, and the Chinese guy was translating them and explaining them. They were doing "How can I..." and there was stuff like, "How can I thank you?" "How can I afford it?" "How can I accept it?", and finally, "How can I marry him?"

Now, the lao wai was supposed to say this with some expression, so he nods and says, "How can I marry...her?"

So, the Chinese guy turns around with this very weird look. They had a quick conversation, and then he says something in Chinese, probably in explanation.

Believe me, nothing happened today that I haven't blogged about!
Saro

P.S. on my Clustrmap, there is a dot in the Seattle area! That's probably Auntie, that's my guess. But who are all those people in the midwest and the rockies area???
Saro again

No comments: