Friday

Earlier, and earlier...

Balkanarama is playing at Folklife. Which is where my dad first saw them live. This year, however, they're not at the Balkan Dance Party, they're at the Mural Amphitheatre! And not on Sunday night, either, but on Saturday morning.

Well, if you have the good fortune to be in Seattle at that time (unlike me. Alas!), you ought to try to catch them. 11 to 11-thirty.

My point is, though, that they keep moving earlier, and earlier. For years, they closed out the Balkan Dance party. (Okay, at least three....) And then they moved to earlier that night. Now it's early, Saturday. D'you realize what could happen? They might end opening the thing on Friday. Which would mean we'd make a special trip to see them. At least, I would beg and plead for that if my parents suddenly got it into their heads that it just wasn't worth it...

No comments: