Friday

Titanic Theme

Before we left, I never told you about what happened the day before. There was a talent show the night before, and, tired of playing folk songs for all those students (I like it and they don't even know what the heck it is), I decided to play them "My Heart Will Go On". Easier said than done.

I had sheet music from my earliest violin teacher, Mr. Denham (left the program with cancer, and I don't even know if he's alive anymore), and if it hadn't been for that, I wouldn't have felt brave enough to try. So I went out all over looking for free sheet music. There was one place it was free, but you had to download Windows software (we're Mac people). And the rest was not. So I paired a MIDI and a bit of some person's arrangement for flute and piano and came up with a rigmarole for the violin.

The students loved it.

So I'm trying to remember the songs that they try to make me sing. "Yesterday Once More" (Don't know that one) "Do Re Mi" (from the Sound of Music) and maybe others. Hm. Well, Christmas is not going to be "Jingle Bells" because a song with words by some guy (can't remember!) and music by Tony Krogh (did I misspell the name?) is much prettier and sounds better on the tin whistle. I guess it'll be just the music, 'cause I can't sing while playing the tin whistle.

But I bet I'll need to play besides Christmas and now. Today, for example, is the moon festival, but we have a playdate with Micha and Kiana so we aren't going to any parties, even if we are invited. Not that I mind parties (I love them when we have warning), but I haven't seen Micha and Kiana since the day before we left. I would have normally seen Kiana at least on Wednesday, and Micha on Friday and Saturday. Sooo...

Ciao for niao
Saro

No comments: