Monday

Research Woes

My big report this year is on Celtic and American Folk music. Sort of. I doubt it'll be very good, no matter how hard I try (I resisted doing a Chinese-English pun there). I was thinking of stuff to write this morning and I realized that a fact I knew was unfortunately on none of my source materials--it's on a CD! So I don't know what I'm going to do. I guess I'll have to find it in another source.

If I weren't trying to write a report, I'd say that it was wonderful that one could do a live CD and give it interesting, report-worthy facts, mixed with great music and do it just right so that it would sound great. There's a difference between a CD and a concert, and that even with a live CD. And some venues where you play a CD is where you just want to hear music. But the talking in this one is great (Plus, my portrait drawing skills were greatly advanced by drawing the front cover...though how on earth did I come up with that expression?!)

That's all for now.
Saro

P.S. Right now I want to go home and play our whole Atwater-Donnelly collection, not just Daily Growing, while I work. Rrrrrr...

No comments: