Saturday

Mei Hua, Xiao Hua, Xia Yu, and Xiao Xiao

Or, using their English names: Hannah, Flora, Sherri, and one yet unnamed. Xiao Xiao or Mei Mei is going to be her Chinese name but I can't decide whether to name her Sandy or Rose. Sandy being for Teacher Sandy, Rose being for one of my national friends. She looks like a Rose, too, and I'm not kidding!

Yesterday Micha and Kiana showed up and we played dolls. Micha was Hannah, Kiana was Flora, my little sis was Sherri, and I was Xiao Xiao. They had interesting personalities, not like those that they were named for. Hannah, unlike the girl I once knew, was pushy, mean and insensitive, Flora was melancholy and showed it (the real Flora has problems but is very brave in public. She always smiles), Sherri was the sweet person that anyone my sister plays--even Darth Vader to some extent!--always ends up as (I'm not saying Sherri-the-person isn't sweet, but not saccharine sweet!), and Xiao Xiao ended up a more stereotyped version of Kiana.

Well, it was fun. Then I had to draw Luke Skywalker with a Mosuo doll (my sister's, unnamed). The picture looked so dumb, I threw Yoda on Luke's back. I captioned it, "First Date Gone Awry", as Yoda smilingly says, "Long stories from my childhood I will tell you." Okay, bad humor. Whatever. Anyway, that's it for the playdate. It was interesting...as always....
Saro

No comments: