Monday

Music. Music. My kingdom for it.

Yesterday it was Balkan music. Today it was Klezmer. Tomorrow? Either American or Celtic folk. Probably both, i.e. Atwater-Donnelly. I can't stand this. I don't want to leave, I don't want to leave, I don't want to leave...hey, won't it be nice to be home and playing thus-and-such-of-a-CD...hey, that means I'll never have that "Dali Pasta Salad" again. No, no, no, no, no, no, no...! That's an example of my thoughts.

Life is strange. It's a strange, strange world, and one side of it is so hopelessly depressing and the other so sickeningly cheerful that you've got to get it both by halves. And hopefully you get a nice even slice of each, or else you're either depressed all the time or so cheerful that nobody wants you around.

KBCS is on their pledge drive. Which meant we heard six songs on a one-hour show and the rest of it was "Pledge at the 120 dollar level and get this!" Thankfully, pledge drive only lasts one week every time. It's very amusing the first time, but after that...

On a latter note, I'm busy working on my report on the Civil Rights Movement. Interesting stuff, there. It's a wonderful story. When I say story, I don't mean fiction, I just mean that the whole movement is like a story, with a definite goal and all sorts of plot twists. But the work it takes to retell it in a nice, dignified, research paper way for a fifth-grade audience is difficult...

No comments: