Sunday

On the feast of Stephen...

If we were to be doing a COMPLETE Christmas-in-July,
today would be St. Stephen's day, also known as the
"feast of Stephen" in "Good King Wensislaus" (sp?)
Instead, the tree comes down and the Stuarts and
Schnickleheimers come up.

The highlight of yesterday was a yummy yummy turkey
dinner, but the presents were fun, too. I don't like
to play favorites with things like presents, but I
have to admit that Mum (with Daddy) and Auntie hit the
high ones. Hopefully (to combine their Christmas
presents), at some point I will be braiding hemp
jewelry (marijuana not included) (no, I wouldn't try
that) (it grows "wild" back on that li'l town on the
river...) under the bead tray of which I stash some
old bubble-gum cards (a result of the 70s and a dig in
a closet) while listening for (this was the
best!)..."When Winter Calls"...when it comes. It
didn't come in time, for which I blame no one. I'm
probably going to be haunting the mailbox when I'm not
doing tourist-y stuff with my family (they are the
infamous Stuarts and Schnickleheimers).

Grandma J. is just thrilled that I keep doing
mock-French twists with the clips she got me. They're
perfect for my thick hair in their shape and size and
design.

Yesterday we met a little striped kitten that was very
friendly. I give people and animals I don't know
names, like I said before. I "named" him Alfred. It
means elf-friend, I think, and I think it fits him.
You should've heard Auntie talk. "I made friends with
a little kitten in the back yard. He climbed up the
apple tree and promptly fell out of it." Alfred was
sniffing around and making friends and licking anybody
he could reach. Several times he would roll over and
when you'd pet him he'd start going with the
"sandpaper". My hand must be nice and smooth. You
wanna paint it, Alfred?
Saro

No comments: