Wednesday

Life is good!

Well, we tried out our Star Wars DVDS--we were unsure
if they'd play for us. But they did without a hitch!

My aunt let me dress two naked dolls that have sat
around for years--Linda and Lucia. Linda is black and
I dressed her first in a loose white blouse, navy
skirt and shawl. I braided yarn in her hair and it
looks super (pictures in September). Lucia is very
pale with reddish sandy hair. Her eyes are blue. I'm
just starting to knit a skirt in...um...is it stocking
stitch or garter stitch. The one that curls up on you.
Anyway, life is really good.

A few days ago we watched the Song of Norway with
Toralv Maustead (spelling?), Florence Henderson, and
Frank Poretta. The latter two can sing. The other guy
can't. But it's a great movie. I can't believe that a
lot of people hate it! I'm going to have to add it to
my favorite movies list.

That's about it. Though I was a bit pessimistic about
actually LIVING with Grandma for eight weeks, there's
only been one incident so far that I would exchange
with practically anything--yes, even a sleeper bus on
a REALLY hot night!--unlike Matt (the Australian guy,
remember him?), I've never had an experience with baby
chicks in a box peepin' all night long!

Celeste, the cat, is probably going to heave a sigh of
relief once we get out of here and back home to the
town on the river in the lonesome valley (the actual
name means dark blue apprehension or something!).
Saro

No comments: