Saturday

Karate?

Hello, dear friends--

(Is anyone out there? Please send me a comment!)

Micha and Kiana worked out a great scheme before we got back. Micha and my sister would take karate, while Kiana and I would take art. Sounds great, I mean, Micha likes karate, she and my sister are "best buds", Kiana and I like art and are pals, too...except there's one problem.

My sister had no idea what karate is or if she'd want to do it!

Notice I say "had". Today we spent two hours observing the class. My feet itched, which was a good sign--if I have to sit and watch her do it, my feet should itch to do it but my head should tell me, "You're crazy!" That way I will enjoy watching but not be jealous. After getting Mum's and my opinion, she decided to swing it. Now, if everything works out, Micha's and Kiana's grand scheme will work out...:)

Oh. By the way, we were playing with them this morning. They got out their dolls and we were going to play the first Thanksgiving. But we ended up playing a politically-correct, un-realistic, amazingly fun game. See, one of the dolls is Native American and the other is a pioneer girl. So, the pioneer girl was Hannah, then Micha and Kiana's little sister Skylie was Patience, and there was a little baby doll named Blessing. I was the Widow Whipple, but my first name was Remember. Then Micha was Pocahontas (but I called her Goodwife Rebecca) and her doll was Kaya, and then she knew all the good things about living and adapting. The two eldest girls, Hannah and Kaya, were living under the care of both of us and they were living the lives of both the white folks and the Native Americans and, well...think of a politically correct history with a bit of crazy ideas from Patience (all of a sudden the baby takes sick and dies but is miraculously brought back to life by Pocahontas? Patience runs around in a racecar helmet preventing forest fires?!) and you have it. But it was fun.

No comments: