Thursday

You can't catch up, Mom

My poor mother! Just the other day she was remarking how we were caught up--we have Balkanarama's latest (the name slips my mind), and also Atwater-Donnelly's beautiful 2005 recording: When Winter Calls.

Now, I shall break to my mother the news that Atwater-Donnelly (plus four or five others, the new group "Jerimoth Hill") has put out another recording. Perhaps she'll cheer up when she hears that there's a very fun sample on the website. And I'm sure she'll cheer up when she finally hears the sample!

Anyway, do yourself a favor and go listen to the sample (and if you want to do the hard-working people who give us the music a favor, you can do what we do: have a running collection of their CDs). It's pretty easy to find once you get to the website.

So, I leave you with that. What did we do on vacation besides almost die? Well, that's a post for another day...

No comments: